Sunday 20 June 2010

A holey jumper


a machine washable, lightweight jumper with a hole in the front (promise)


some clothes to use as a template





use folds and ribbing in original garment where they are useful in the new one




pick a contrast rib for the envelope neck and attach (v. fiddly)



sew pieces together



make tassels for hat


and dress the poor baby

UPDATE The hat was too small (might explain the slightly pained 'I think I might cry' smile in the above photo) and the neck was very loose and untidy. I replaced it with another stretchier piece of ribbing and cut it about half the size of the neck and sewed it while stretching (still fiddly). I also cut the neck a bit lower in the middle. So partial success. I still think it's a nice basic shape for future clothes - will try again!


Inspired by The 90 minute shirt on Made - A Creative Collection
(Thinking about it, I should've read this again before I started - would've saved a lot of time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment